Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Role Models

I remember seeing the preview for this movie and thought, wow, this movie is going to be incredible. Humor should be right up my alley. Paul Rudd can't go wrong lately, Seann William Scott gets funnier and funnier. For those of you who only know him as Stiffler, I would highly recommend 'The Rundown' which was extremely entertaining. Action, laughs, the whole shibang.

Back to the point. The premise is that two guys that work for an energy drink company get slapped with some community service. They join a big brother program and link up with an 8 year old black kid and a 15 year old dungeons and dragons kid played by Fogel from Superbad. The young kid, Bobb'e J. Thompson, has a bright career of himself. Surprisingly, I found his humor to be well put together. Paul Rudd was his dry sarcastic self and Seann William Scott is definitely pigeon-holed to be the young, sexually driven, zany type of character. Everyone lives up to their roles well, and there were a lot of attractive no name women throughout the movie, which was nice bonus for me. To give a glimpse into some of the humor, the movie starts with Seann William Scott getting out of a car, walking up to Paul Rudd, making a gesture and posing the question, "Guess what I did last night?" Another scene is when Seann William Scott explains to Bobb'e how to appropriately spy on women's breasts and not be so obvious. Yes, I did take notes.

I wouldn't say that it was the funniest movie I've ever seen, but definitely top tier of contemporary comedies. Some of you probably think that I have a 'unique' sense of humor that may not translate to all my readers (aka women). I doubt any women actually read my blog, BUT, I think its safe to say you would enjoy it as well. I watched with both Suzanne and Aly, both whom were laughing hysterically throughout the night. If you're looking for a movie with lots of laughs and little thought, you've got a winner with this one.

I give the movie 4 out of 5 Manatees.

0 comments:

Post a Comment